- The Pursuit of God – Longing to know God and enjoy His presence, to hear His voice and follow Him.
- Prayer – Communicating with God and discovering His purpose for our lives.
- Worship – Glorifying God for who He is – Creator and Lord of our lives.
- Evangelism – Sharing the infalable Word of Jesus Christ.
- Fellowship – Joyfully receiving all believers as the family of God.
- Discipleship – Becoming and reproducing spiritually mature followers of Jesus Christ.
- Obedience – Faithfully responding to His will and purpose with heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- Forgiveness – Forgiving one another as Christ has forgiven us.
- Excellence in Service – Giving our resources, talents, and spiritual gifts with excellence in serving God and others.
- Truth – Upholding the reality of the absolute truth of Scripture in matters of conduct and morals.
- Sanctity of Life – Affirming that all human life is created by God, from conception, and therefore is precious.
- Family – Strengthening and encouraging families, guided by God’s biblical models.
- God - We believe that there is one God who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Father – We believe that God is the Eternal Father, creator of the universe and the author and finisher of our salvation.
- Jesus – We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, shed His blood and died in our place as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave, and ascended into Heaven. He is the one and only Savior of humanity who will literally return to earth.
- Holy Spirit – We believe that God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation, and is the Comforter and Guide who lives in every believer.
- Bible – We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life and faith.
- Man – We believe that man is a special creation of God, made in His image, but that through the sin of the first man Adam, mankind fell so that all men are sinners and need salvation.
- Salvation – We believe that salvation is a free gift of God’s grace, received through repentance of sin and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone.
- Assurance – We believe that every person who has truly received salvation is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Eternity – We believe that those persons who die in their sins without Christ spend eternity in Hell and those persons who die with their sins forgiven through Christ spend eternity in Heaven.
- Baptism and The Lord’s Supper – We believe that water baptism is an act of obedience to the command of Christ and is by immersion after salvation. We believe that the Lord’s Supper is for believers to proclaim Jesus Christ’s sacrificial death and future return.
- Church – We believe that the church is comprised of all born again believers, primarily represented through a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head.
To see the official church doctrine please click the button
Our Stance on the Supreme Court Same Sex Marriage Ruling
As a Southern Baptist Church, Valley is committed to Biblical faith and ethics. As a result, this body of Believers stands on the authority of Scripture and God’s Truth as central to our lives.
What the Bible says about marriage is clear, definitive and unchanging. We affirm biblical, traditional, natural marriage as the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. The Scriptures’ teaching on marriage is not negotiable. We stake our lives upon the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus.
Consequently, we will not accept, nor adhere to, any legal redefinition of marriage issued by any political or judicial body including the United States Supreme Court. We will not recognize same-sex “marriages”, our church will not host same-sex ceremonies, and we will not perform such ceremonies.
While we affirm our love for all people, including those struggling with same-sex attraction, we cannot and will not affirm the moral acceptability of homosexual behavior or any behavior that deviates from God’s design for marriage. We also believe religious freedom is at stake within this critical issue – that our first duty is to love and obey God, not man.
Therefore, we strongly encourage all Southern Baptist pastors, leaders, educators, and churches to openly reject any mandated legal definition of marriage and to use their influence to affirm God’s design for life and relationships. As the nation’s largest non-Catholic denomination with over 16 million members, we stake our very lives and future on the Truth of God’s Word.
We also join together to support those who stand for natural marriage in the corporate world, the marketplace, education, entertainment, media and elsewhere with our prayers and influence, and resources.